Intern - Game Design
Santa Monica, CA
As a Game Design Intern at Treyarch, you will be a member of our gameplay design team for Call of Duty. You will collaborate with the team to design and document gameplay content, mechanics, and systems, as well as work with interdisciplinary professionals to make those designs come to life.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Design multiplayer gameplay, such as weapons, vehicles, and equipment, or new multiplayer modes and progression systems.
• Craft detailed, easy-to-read design documentation that communicate your designs clearly and effectively
• Collaborate with the team to prototype, iterate, and tune your work
• Provide and receive constructive feedback and participate in design discussions and playtests
• Learn about Treyarch's design tools and processes
• Experience with video game development in professional, indie, or academic settings
• Ability to work as part of a team with a strong understanding of the value of collaboration
• Creative minded with a passion for game design and problem solving
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• A positive, professional attitude
• Comfortable with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• A good feel for fun and engagement, as well as market trends
• Able to work autonomously, be self-motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
• Visual design skills and working knowledge of apps like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or XD
• Passion for video games, especially multiplayer/shooters/Call of Duty
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.