Intern - VFX Artist
Santa Monica, CA
As an FX Animation Intern you will help bring life and movement to our levels. This can be anything from a huge destruction sequence, to a flag blowing in a subtle breeze. You will work with the Build and Design teams to identify such objects and opportunities, and then proceed with the rigging, animating, and implementation of these assets. We want our levels to have a life of their own, to feel lived in, and to feel endlessly discoverable, like there's always something new to look at! No two days are the same, and thus requires a generalist skillset.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Create destruction sequences by using Maya and other simulation software
• Animate cloth objects like flags and tarps
• Animate mechanical props like appliances and vehicles
• Animate living objects like animals or foliage
• Create physics and destructible props that react to bullets and explosions
• Graduating Seniors preferred.
• Maya competency in the following areas:
• Game quality hard surface modeling
• UVing (basic understanding of how to lay out UV's in the UV Editor)
• Animation (basic understanding of hand keying and using the Graph Editor)
• Rigging (basic skeleton creation and skinning)
• Soft Skills
• Solid communication skills: someone who can clearly communicate between multiple departments.
• Displays a generalist mentality: someone who enjoys and is competent with many aspects of development.
• Familiarity with Maya nCloth and nHair
• Familiarity with Maya IK and constraints
• Familiarity with Pull Down It
• Familiarity with Photoshop
• Familiarity with Houdini
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.