Treyarch is looking for a hardworking and passionate Gameplay Animation Intern to join our ranks!
In this role you will be partnered with experienced industry veterans to hone and guide your animation skills for 3rd person gameplay abilities and performances on a AAA game title through use of motion-capture editing techniques and implementation of animation content into the game.
This is a great opportunity to learn the in's and out's of the gameplay animation pipeline, and be able to contribute to the gameplay mechanics in a real hands-on experience. Gameplay animation is one of the most important interactions the player will experience. This opportunity will teach you the importance of balancing the art of animation with the needs of the gameplay design!
The ideal candidate is passionate about animation and has a good understanding of animation fundamentals, body mechanics, and strives to make the gameplay experience fun for the end-user.
Please Note: We also have a Cinematic Internship program available for animators looking towards a career in creating in-game Cinematic experiences.
• Work directly with your Intern Director to hone your craft of creating motions and editing motion capture data that adheres to the animation fundamentals, at the same time of being compelling, visceral, and complaint to the gameplay design needs of a AAA title
• Learning the gameplay workflow process for creating dynamic and high-quality motions to be applied to in-game abilities for great player experiences and interaction with their characters
• Through guidance and tutoring, acquire the knowledge of the gameplay animation pipeline, the way animations are technically processed and implemented into the game engine
• Study the standard techniques of AAA game animation features like blending, real-time IK, motion matching, state machines, etc.
• Become efficient with industry standard applications like Maya, Motion Builder, Perforce, and other programs that is used across many studios
• Graduating Senior or Post-Graduate (up to 1 year) students preferred, majoring in Fine Arts, Visual Art, or Computer Animation
• Proficient in Autodesk Maya
• Animation Demo reel demonstrating a proficiency of classic animation principles and its fundamentals (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, squash and stretch) as well as the ability to build the full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and expand your arsenal of skills in gameplay animation
• Passionate for games with an ability to analyze and recognize competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses
• Willing to submit an animation test based on direction and guidelines given by the recruitment team
Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Playa Vista, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wz27-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.