Community Management Intern, AVOD Audience Network – Summer 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Summer Internship is from May/June through Sept. 1st (start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
At Sony Pictures Entertainment, our mission is to meet audiences where they are and drive awareness, engagement and fandom across our rich and diverse movie and TV content portfolio.
The primary goal is to work with creators and communities of interest to connect with SPE's IP repertoire, actively meet audiences where they are, participate in communities and understand what is driving their engagement and conversation. We want to have an 'always on' approach to enable SPE to be deeply involved with the communities that align to our mission.
We are seeking to understand what they are passionate about from a content, tone, topic, genre perspective. We will use this understanding to define and refine the content we create and how we connect it with audiences in the most authentic and relevant way depending on the platform and format.
You will become part of a nimble, fast-paced content programming team, focused on driving commercial and consumer growth across the network as it expands. We are always evolving, always learning, and extremely passionate about film, television, and what's next for digital video.
• Assist in community management, moderation, and engagement of Owned & Operated accounts on all major social platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, including drafting social copy and responding to comments
• Leverage various analytical tools to monitor & measure community engagement across key metrics and share performance findings
• Conduct competitive analysis, social listening, and content creator research to identify high-performing or trending IP, content, creators, and conversation across the social media & entertainment landscape
• Support brainstorming, planning & execution of various community engagement projects to deepen our connection with our audiences
• Assist in the creation of internal documents and presentations to communicate best practices, guidelines, data & insights, opportunities and/or recommendations
• Interface with various internal and external stakeholders, including Operations, Marketing, Sales, Data & Insights, Legal, and Diversity & Inclusion as well as Channel Management and Creative vendors
• Assist with various team administrative tasks as needed including file management, content review, title and asset research, compiling agendas and meeting notes, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly copywriting skills
• Strong knowledge of social platforms and trends
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Google sheets
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with using research tools
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Passion for film, television, and digital video
• Interest in understanding and engaging with audiences and communities
• Interest in content curation on social media and video platforms, particularly YouTube and TikTok
• Fast learner, curious, passionate, extremely collaborative, team-oriented, and takes initiative
The anticipated base salary for this position is $17/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gknj50-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.