Global Digital Marketing Intern – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) at our Culver City location.
We are looking for someone ready to go above and beyond, learning in a studio work environment, to assist with influencer marketing efforts for Sony Pictures' slate of films, which spans Columbia, Screen Gems, TriStar, Sony Pictures Animation and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. The Digital Creative intern would be someone knowledgeable of the social and digital landscape and interested in film, online marketing, social media, and pop culture. They should have knowledge across social platforms and interest in marketing for theatrical releases. This role would collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Digital, Social and Media Marketing Department to create positive and impactful brand conversation within the social space.
• Assist in the development and execution of marketing strategies for each film which could include websites, features, or other platform-specific content
• Identify and report on digital creative that captures attention on social and drives conversation. Keep a finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features, and best practices
• Come up with out-of-the-box digital marketing ideas to drive ticketing and anticipation for new theatrical releases all the way through the home entertainment release
• Research emerging social platforms and update the team on actionable next steps to engage with new audiences
• Develop and implement a college-focused influencer campaign strategy collaborating and cross-promoting with other Marketing Departments where applicable
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs. Abilities in Photoshop/other editing software are not required but are a plus
• Keen knowledge of social media trends
• Strong creative instincts and high attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• An eye for developing and critically viewing content under an intersectional lens
• A positive attitude is a must
• An avid interest in Entertainment Marketing
• Interest in International Marketing and working directly with the multiple International SPE offices
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2v1m5-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.