Data Science Intern, Theatrical Marketing – Spring 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule).
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Analytics & Insights team is at the fast-moving intersection of film marketing strategy, shifting consumer behaviors, and big data / predictive modeling. The team supplies tools, data and insights that fuel data-informed decision making around audience & creative marketing strategies in support of theatrical films. Team goals include adapting predictive models for the quickly changing marketplace, enhancing film recommender engines, and identifying new ways of guiding film greenlighting and early decision making. The ideal candidate joins a growing team of Data Scientists that collaborates with Analytics, Research & Marketing colleagues to support tools, predictive models and technology that fuel the department.
• Data warehouse migration support: Collaborate with IT to support data warehouse migration and post-migration testing.
• Data product / model / process documentation support: Update, create documentation for data products and relevant features and processes.
• ETL / feature engineering support: Assist data scientists in processing and transforming data for use as input features in models.
• Exploratory/ad-hoc analyses: Conduct analyses on content and audience data as guided by business needs.
• Undergradutate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or similarly relevant quantitative domain.
• Pursuing Masters or PhD degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or other related, relevant area.
• Minimum 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in marketing, tech, consumer insights space.
• Experience with Python (Pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, Jupyter notebooks, etc.), SQL, R
• Knowledge of regression, classification, clustering, cross-validation, and data visualization techniques.
• Experience with Teradata and Snowflake
• Experience with RStudio Workbench and RConnect
• Experience with Git / Github
• Entertainment industry experience / domain knowledge: Passion for movies is a major plus!
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqpqkm-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.