Spring Intern - Business Analysis, Production & Studio Technology Services
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBusiness Analysis Intern, Production & Studio Technology Services – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments to provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from January through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) on a hybrid schedule in our Culver City office.
IT Production Services is accountable for providing technology services and solutions to support the full physical production lifecycle, from pre-production through post. This includes production applications, infrastructure, and consulting services. IT Production Finance is accountable for providing technology services and solutions to support financial and accounting reporting and analytics throughout the title lifecycle, from development through release. This includes finance/accounting applications, infrastructure, consulting services, and SaaS vendor management.
The Business Analysis Intern Intern will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in support of the IT Production Finance and IT Production Services teams, primarily creating/managing documentation and assisting with data cleanup efforts. Daily tasks regularly include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with data analysis, synchronization, reconciliation, and correction across multiple sources
• Assist in testing and support of IT production technology tracking and demand/resource management tools in SmartSheet
• Create and manage training manuals, user guides, and FAQs
• Document business and IT process flow and workflow diagrams
• Assist with building PowerPoint presentations, including graphics and charts
• Update and manage IT production technology tracking and service catalog spreadsheets
• Note meeting minutes and agreed-upon action items, and distribute them to meeting participants/stakeholders
• Create, manage, and distribute production status reports and scorecards
• Proactively coordinate activities with internal IT team members, department management, vendors, and business clients, as required, to efficiently deliver on responsibilities
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables), PowerPoint, and Visio
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exemplifies a ''go-getter'' attitude, takes the initiative without waiting for instruction, and proactively seeks opportunities to add value wherever the need may arise
• Performs with impeccable attention to detail
• Exhibits an ''agile mindset'', good with ambiguity and evolving direction/requirements
• Works well in a team environment, embodies a ''team first'' mentality
• A good understanding of customer needs can easily picture oneself in another's shoes
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• SmartSheet experience is a huge plus
• Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint experience is a plus
• Knowledge of the Media and Entertainment industry and film/television production is a plus
• Awareness of basic finance/accounting practices is a plus
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g608vj-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.