Spring Intern - Business Affairs, Spt
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBusiness Affairs Intern, SPT – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Internship is from February through May 26th and all candidates must be able to work on a part-time schedule a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location (start and end dates are flexibile based on school schedules). This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
Business Affairs is responsible for negotiating and drafting production agreements with writers, producers, performers, directors, television networks, co-production entities and other television-related personnel and service providers on behalf of Sony Pictures Television and its related companies. Productions include scripted and non-scripted network, cable, and first-run syndicated television programming as well as animation and daytime programming. Also responsible for implementing and administering the business policies and procedures for SPT. Works with Creative, Production, Finance and Legal Affairs departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis. Involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to productions, as well as reviewing budgets and other financial information.
• Research deal terms and issues, and provide summaries or memoranda as requested
• Draft and revise agreements, letters, notices, abstracts, and charts
• Take notes in meetings and calls
• Digital filing and organization of documents
• Passion and focus on entertainment and being within the business affairs department
• Relevant education or experience in agreements, legal, and budgeting
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp812-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.