- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation studio known for photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and full-CG features. Having created visually stunning images for more than 100 live-action and animated productions over its 30-year history the studio is also a leader in technology, developing software and tools that have helped solve industry-wide challenges and deliver spectacular visuals to the big screen.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking an Data Center IT Intern
As a Data Center IT Intern, you will be given the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and get a better understanding of data center operations, infrastructure maintenance, and the latest industry technologies. You will also be assigned to certain projects or other initiatives as time permits.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor's degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree, or currently participating in such a program.
• CompTIA would be desirable.
• Experience working in a customer service role
• Experience in customer service techniques
• Basic understanding of personal computer and/or MacBook hardware and software
Skills & Responsibilities
Systems Installation and Removal
• Follows agreed procedures to perform simple installations, replace consumable items and check the correct working of installations.
• Documents and reports on work done.
• Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
• Installs and tests new versions of system software such as operating systems.
• Contributes to preparation of software implementation procedures with fall back contingency plans.
• Contributes, under supervision, to routine infrastructure operations.
• Gains understanding of infrastructure components and services by following the activities of experienced colleagues.
• Performs simple security administration tasks. Maintains relevant records and documentation.
• Assists in the investigation and resolution of network problems.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work on repetitive tasks.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer care skills.
• Excellent written and spoken technical English.
• A true team player with great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Gain hands-on experience in an IT role.
• Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply for our internship program.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2zy6-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.