Franchise Marketing Intern, Sony Pictures Television Studios – Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Fall Internship is from September through December and all candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule).
The Franchise Marketing department is responsible for managing and executing promotional activities across the Sony Pictures Television Studios' slate of shows to ensure the success of the end-to-end lifecycle of these series from development to pick-up to launch to renewals. We partner with our respective counterparts at the streaming, broadcast, and cable networks across all SPTS series to support and amplify strategic planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive marketing campaigns driving awareness, tune-in, and franchise growth. The Franchise Marketing team is also responsible for managing all partnership activities both in-show and out-of-show including integrations, promotional partnerships, experiential activities, sponsorships, and branded content as well as works with internal teams to amplify reach across our ''One Sony'' initiatives. Other promotional tactics include working with external agencies to enhance Network marketing plans as well as our very own creative team to develop out digital and social campaigns across our SPTV-owned channels and platforms.
• Keep internal documents up to date, including a show tracker and assignments list
• Plan, prepare for and contribute to brainstorms
• Stay updated on priority TV titles
• Script coverage for priority TV titles
• Take and synthesize meeting notes then distribute them as needed
• Compile agenda items for meetings
• Conduct ad hoc competitive and social research to inform marketing strategies/creative
• Coordinate One Sony support with internal teams
• Community management of SPTV social handles
• Share trend and industry highlights with the full team weekly
• Add new expenses to budget tracker
• File and manage documents in the team's SharePoint folder
• Pull photo and video assets from an internal database and route materials as needed
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Interest in the entertainment industry and marketing
• Takes initiative, displays curiosity, and has passion to go the extra mile
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z94j-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.