Comedy Development Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. Interns will work on a hybrid schedule on the Culver City lot and work part-time hours during Fall from September through December.
Comedy Development is responsible for taking an idea/pitch and having it ordered to an on-air series. We review submitted materials, hear pitches, acquire the rights and sell the project to the network. After it is sold we provide deadlines and give notes on every draft of material submitted. Should the project be ordered to pilot, we assist creatively in the casting, production and post-production process until the pilot is ordered to series. Should it be ordered to series, we staff the shows with Writers and Producers we have tracked or have overall deals with.
We are also constantly looking for new Writers/Directors/Producers to be in business with. This entails working for us on a specific project, purchasing their original idea or signing them to an overall deal. We are therefore receiving a constant stream of material that needs to be read/seen and meetings/calls that need to be set to further pursue.
• Tracking, reading, and doing coverage on incoming material
• Seeking out new writers/directors/IP for the department to pursue
• Sitting in on and contributing to development meetings
• Desk/phone coverage
• Scheduling meetings
• Other administrative duties
• Passion for comedy and knowledge of stand-up/sketch/feature/TV comedies
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to multitask
• Relevant experience within the film or TV area
• Proficient in MS office
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5qo9-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.