Summer 2021 Intern - Software Engineer - Subscriptions
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Product Development Production Intern
San Diego, CA
Sony San Diego Studio is looking for a Product Development Production Intern, ready to contribute at the center of people and process as part of our Production team. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader committed to the growth and well-being of the team, while helping foster a culture of candor and collaboration in a growing studio.
• Assist with facilitation and schedule management of daily scrums, sprint reviews/retros, and planning.
• Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Team, and other Scrum Masters to help teams reach their sprint goals.
• Participate in design, research, marketing, PR and planning meetings to provide feedback and insight.
• Contribute ideas for new concepts, features and designs.
• Collaborate with production team on studio-wide efforts to improve processes and foster a healthy culture at a team level.
• Coordinate across various teams and development disciplines: programmers, artists, and designers.
• Help identify impediments and cross-dependencies between teams.
• Ensure bugs and QA related issues are communicated and addressed by engineers, programmers and other team members.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
• Experience with documentation, presentations, and mock ups
• Experience with bug tracking / task management software
• Experience with a school related game project or personal game project
• Experience working with various game development disciplines: programmers, artists and designers
• Familiar with Agile, Scrum and project management.
• Must love games and is passionate to create them.
• Experience with Jira/Confluence.
• Experience with team communication software such as Slack / Microsoft Teams.
• Experience with games engines such as Unreal or Unity.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.