Intern - Generalist Artist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Music Production Intern
San Diego, CA
The Music Production Intern will support key members of the Creative Arts Music department while working with video game development teams, composers, orchestrators, and external audio production facilities. The internship offers an opportunity to learn about music production for video games, including interactive system design, asset creation, implementation, live production, and project management.
• Music Editing: Create in-game assets by editing multitrack and stereo audio files that correlate to the project's stylistic needs.
• Music Implementation: Prepare and implement music files for in-game use.
• Bug tracking and Testing: Test and verify or report bugs and related communication with the QA and dev team.
• Music Production Support: Assist music leads in preparing material for recording sessions, including proofing scores and audio sessions.
• Current or post-graduate (up to 1 year) student.
• Degree in Music Composition, Music Technology or equivalent.
• Proficient knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations and software, especially Pro Tools.
• Exposure and some knowledge of audio middleware and implementation tools (e.g., Wwise).
• Excellent communication, time-management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently both on-premises and remotely.
• Familiar with database and spreadsheet organization.
• Desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships.
• Passion for video games and game audio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e3m8-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.