Intern - OS Review Artist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Generalist Artist Intern
San Diego, CA
• Create in-game art and in-game cinematic art assets to Visual Arts/client specifications.
• Take an environment from grey box to final quality (end to end) including collision and baking lighting.
• Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
• Produce concept artwork and image paint-overs at a high pace to keep up with asset brief production.
• Review various phases of character art assets and full characters.
• Test assets and character in game to assess both aesthetics and performance.
• Help create environment concepts and props.
• Junior, Senior, or post-graduate (up to 1 year) majoring in Fine Arts, Visual Art or related field.
• Experience in creating 3D assets.
• Strong understanding of Maya, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, as well as ZBrush or Autodesk Mudbox .
• Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs.
• Experience with set dressing within a game engine (Unreal ).
• An understanding of in-game art asset creation including hard surface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicles, weapons, etc.
• Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
• Demonstrate a strong interest in the field of games and self-learning ability.
• Portfolio work showcasing your artist skills .
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under various time constraints.
• Highly motivated with outstanding communication skills.
• Provide high quality concept artwork to support the asset guidelines crafted by our artists.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r113y0-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.