Intern - Visual Arts Production Group
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Environment Artist Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Environment Artist Intern
San Diego, CA
• Model and texture environments and/or related props as needed with an emphasis on realism while under the supervision of the Lead Environment Artist or assigned mentor.
• Trouble-shoot assets and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec.
• Collaborate with the environment team and other teams or individuals as needed.
• Research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Relevant software proficiencies: Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop.
• Possess the ability to work independently, take feedback, and work on a team.
• An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
• Strong artistic ability to visualize entire assets and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
• Possess the ability to create low resolution models and texture from a high res textured model.
• Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
• Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
• Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to teammates.
• Ability to meet deadlines and organize a work schedule in order to deliver expected material.
• Foundation in the traditional arts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.