Intern - Visual Arts Production Group
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an Environmental Artist Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Environment Art Intern
San Diego, CA
The Environment Art Intern have an opportunity to learn environmental art practices and workflow; to learn how games are built by working closely with our team. Responsibilities include supporting Environment Art Team with requested tasks, learning to use the material scanner to help build libraries, gathering and maintaining reference, learning internal Sony VASG production tools, creating any test environment assets, and get real world experience with AAA PlayStation Game Engines. Interns will be expected to document their experience with weekly internal blog, set learning goals with their supervisor, and have a strong understanding of best game creation practices by the end of their internship. Additionally, the intern will document any artistic discoveries, workflow efficiencies, and insights gleaned during the internship.
• Must have knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Unreal Engine.
• Must have portfolio samples which demonstrate world building and 3D prop building skills. These include a loadable level in Unreal, video, or screenshots that show off untextured, unlit, and final versions. Ideal samples would also have indoor and outdoor areas, with some environmental storytelling.
• Samples of various environment pieces such as modular walls, props, and vegetation. These should have wireframes and texture breakdowns as well.
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.