Intern - Account Coordinator
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Competitive Gaming (eSports) Intern
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Competitive Gaming (eSports) Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Mateo, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
• Study platform trends of PlayStation tournaments and revenue opportunities using statistical and hypothesis testing
• Perform analysis on the effect of global marketing and activations on tournament participation
• Track and report team KPIs and present updates to key stakeholders
• Pull data from PlayStation's relational database using SQL and other query tools
• Intern will lead a presentation from start-to-finish: including ideating a study, querying/cleaning data, testing, presenting etc. by the end of the internship program
• Intern will work with tools including Microstrategy, PowerPoint, Excel, R, Python, Tableau
• Collaborative individual with a passion for gaming
• Knowledgeable about the Esports industry; Esports competitor or administrative experience a plus!
• Comfort using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite to analyze data and present findings
• Academic interest or experience with Statistics, Econometrics, or Data science
• Patience to wrangle large data sets and seek trends out of messy data
• Experience with any of R, SQL, Stata, Python is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq77e-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.