Intern - Visual Arts Production Group
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Character Artist Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Character Artist Intern
San Diego, CA
• Model and texture MLB player characters and/or crowd characters and related props as needed with an emphasis on realism.
• Work closely with the Character Lead or assigned mentor.
• Collaborate with our character team and other teams or individuals as needed.
• Research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Knowledge of character modeling techniques, workflows, and processes.
• Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to, workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, material setup, character skinning, surface sampling, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, character rigging and engine parameters/optimizations desirable.
• Traditional fine art skills, training and production experience (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design).
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.