Intern - Rigging
Sony Interactive Entertainment
We are seeking a motivated intern who is interested in working in our exciting Animation Department! There will be opportunities to work with members of other departments during the implementation of animations. This internship will also offer the opportunity to be mentored by various senior members of our award-winning Animation team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Builds simple animations and provides support to the animation team.
• Required animations will include in-game characters, props, cinematics, and bug fixing.
• Learn new techniques and tools that are required to bring our characters to life.
• Six to twelve months related experience and/or training, or a student enrolled at a college or university, working towards a BFA in Computer, Traditional, or Experimental Animation. We will also consider Art, Illustration, or Graphic Design majors with animation experience.
• Master's candidates may apply for this internship.
• We will also consider recent graduates – within 12 months of graduation when the internship begins
• The ideal intern would be energetic, self-motivated, creative, and responsible, have a passion for video games and animation, and be willing to work hard.
• Introductory 3D animation experience, drawing skills, and previous experience with Maya is preferred.
• This is a paid, full-time internship.
• The student must be available to intern 5 days per week for approximately 40 hours a week.
• The duration of the internship is flexible, but we expect at least an 8-week commitment from our interns.
• This role is based in Burbank, California, or Durham, North Carolina
Simply click the ''Apply'' button and submit your resume and your reel/portfolio. We look forward to checking them out!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbokek-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.