Operations Intern (Summer 2021)
Marquee Sports Network is seeking an Operations Intern for our regional sports network. This paid internship will offer the opportunity to learn new skills, demonstrate your abilities, and work with a team of industry professionals. As a part of the Operations Department, you will perform various tasks to assist the SVP of Operations. The ideal candidate is looking to pursue a career in sports media and arrive with select skills that can be sharpened during your time at Marquee Sports Network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the SVP of Operations
• Provide operations support across all disciplines within the department: includes production management, office management, studio operations, engineering, production/talent, security, shipping/receiving etc.
• Administrative office duties
• Assist in-office staff as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college
• Prior experience and/or coursework focused on Communication, Business Administration, or related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Passionate about sports with a general knowledge of baseball
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
• Openness to feed back from others and ability to apply it to the work
• High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5501-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.