Intern - Sales
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Marquee Sports Network is seeking Sales Team Interns for our regional sports network. This paid internship will offer the opportunity to learn new skills, demonstrate your abilities, and work with a team of sales professionals. As a part of the Sales Department, you will assist in various tasks to help close deals and generate revenue. The ideal candidate is looking to pursue a career in sports media and arrive with select skills that can be sharpened during your time at Marquee Sports Network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in sales meetings, client meetings and presentation preparations
• Conduct thorough client research to prepare sales team for upcoming meetings and potential revenue opportunities
• Monitor market competition for leads
• Conduct extensive research within media monitors
• Provide digital and social monitoring and perspective
• Retrieve game clips following each broadcast to share with clients
• Assist in planning client events
• Work closely with Nielsen to analyze and track ratings and impressions
• Participate in experiential and entertainment experiences in anticipation of fans returning to Wrigley
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college
• Prior experience and/or coursework focused on Communication, Business Administration, Marketing or related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to assist in executing editorial and creative decisions under supervision
• Passionate about sports with a general knowledge of baseball
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Openness to feedback and ability to receive feedback from others and apply it to the work
• High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy8mj3-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.