General Managers Office Internship (Spring/Summer 2021)
The Marquee Sports Network Team has an incredible opportunity for a student pursuing a career in sports media! We are seeking a creative, self-starter who is ready for a challenge. In this role, the General Managers Office Intern will have the opportunity to learn the inner workings of the sports media industry. As the GM Office intern, you will gain the skills and necessary knowledge needed to succeed in the production environment. Not only will the internship provide the right candidate with a portfolio of work to enhance their resume, but it will provide exposure to a variety of media professionals and the opportunity to learn more about the professional sports and regional sports network industry.
Goals of Internship:
• Gain industry and live production experience.
• Exposure to day-to-day operations in our Production, Sales, Operations and Marketing Departments as well as all aspects of business development and television broadcasting.
• Opportunity to establish relationships with content producers, sales & marketing, and social media professionals.
• Self-starter, capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects at once.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Reliable and creative with a strong work ethic.
• A passion for news, story play, and trending topics.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, AVID and iNews preferred
• Ability to work well under tight deadline schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Familiarity with business applications (Word, Excel) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys collaboration.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
• A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail.
• Keen sense of organization.
• Able to commit approximately up to 25 hours a week, minimum of 12-16 hours per week.
• Possible availability for some weeknight and weekend events which will be discussed well in advance.
• This is a paid internship and receiving credit toward graduation for hours worked is not required.
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.