- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves. To us it is so much more than just a game or concert. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create moments that excite, memories that endure, and connections that strengthen our community.
The Talent Academy Coordinator program is a seasonal, 10-month full-time rotational program giving graduated college or technical school students, insight into professional sports business and venue operations. In this immersive learning environment, participants will get a behind-the-scenes look at the operations for an NBA and USL sports franchise and professional event management business. All positions are based in San Antonio, Texas.
Status: Seasonal, Full-Time
Pay: Non-Exempt, Hourly Rate $15.00
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Learn to facilitate effective department meetings and follow-up on designated action steps under your manager's oversight. This includes building agendas, ensuring participation and attendees are prepared for meetings, follow-up on action items, and outlining next steps.
• Learn the business by immersing yourself in your areas of focus. Identify gaps and collaborate with business unit leaders to drive results, achieve quarterly goals, and track deliverables.
• Provide day-to-day organization and execution of various administrative support duties for your department or assigned by your manager.
• Participate regularly in developmental classes and growth opportunities through ''SSEU'', our in-house professional development university, to gain individual and leadership focused training.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders daily to support daily business operations and strategic projects associated with organizational goal achievement.
• Participate in regular community engagement events such as volunteer events offered through Spurs Give.
• Working as part of the Impact team, this role will be responsible for building strong relationships externally in the nonprofit community ,serving as the main point of contact for in-kind donations programs.
• Graduated from an undergraduate degree program or technical school. Examples of applicable degree and technical programs include Business or Sports Management, Communications, Analytics, Finance, Technology, Digital or Creative Design
• 2+ years' combined experience in a customer service setting through work experience, internships and/or through student leadership roles
• Proficient with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and similar programs such as One Drive, Google Drives, Drop Box, or Box applications
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and the right temperament to work in a fast-paced, high expectations environment
• Proficiency managing multiple tasks under deadlines while balancing shifting priorities
• Schedule flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed
• All positions are based in San Antonio, Texas
• Bilingual – Spanish
• Strong cross-functional project collaboration and decision-making skills
• Functional experience in an area of focus such as Finance, Business Operations, Communications, Brand, Marketing, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2477-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.