Intern - Environment Artist
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Environment Artist Intern (Apex Legends)
At Respawn we believe the essential foundation of a great gaming experience starts with gameplay. Every detail is crafted with purpose; all of our development disciplines contribute towards creating an incredible gameplay experience for our players. We are looking for a Environment Artist Intern to join our established, high performance team.
What You'll Do…
You will be an intern for the Apex Legends Environment Art department reporting to a Team Lead. You will be supporting the team to deliver completed art assets that will vary from creating new materials, new props, updating legacy assets, creating collision volumes, and LODs. Using industry software and proprietary tools, you will create assets in accordance with the creative, design, and technical specs of the project. You will get the opportunity to share your ideas, network, and collaborate with peers and leads – collecting and implementing feedback along the way to help us keep the art quality of our levels up.
• Currently enrolled in a college, university degree program
• Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Portfolio or reel demonstrating abilities in specific areas of expertise (environment modeling, texture mapping).
• Working knowledge of 3D graphics package basics (such as Maya, ZBrush, etc).
• Working knowledge of material editing packages (such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Quixel Megascans).
• Working knowledge of 2D graphics editor basics (such as Photoshop).
• Working knowledge of game editor software basics (such as Unreal Engine, Source Engine,Unity).
Provide a link to an online presentation, or attach documents to your resume to showcase your work.
Please apply with as many examples of the following:
• Foundation in traditional 2D and 3D arts
• Props - 3D Man Made and Organic objects
• Materials - Man Made and Organic
• World Building - 3D Environmental Scenes that showcase good composition, color harmony, lighting and material description variety.
• Respawn Internships are paid
• Intern focused events
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.