Intern - UX Designer
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWhy PlayStation?
This position is remote OR based out of Aliso Viejo, CA.
The PlayStation partner platform supports the submission of product metadata, game content, sales and promotion information required to publish PlayStation software. It is our goal to support all PlayStation game developers and publishers, getting their content to the consumers with as little effort and time as possible.
At PlayStation Partners UX Design team, we build applications and tools that empower internal and external parties to create and publish PlayStation software for sale on disc through retail and digitally via the PlayStation Store. We are a global team of designers and researchers pursuing innovative ways to build user-centered solutions.
This intern position will support the Common Experience team in Partner Platform Technology domain. In this team, we are responsible for making sure we create a cohesive experience for all Partners by building a platform that is intuitive to use and anticipates our users' needs.
• Hands-on creative problem solving in an enterprise software system.
• Work with a multi-disciplined UX team of designers, user researchers and product managers in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
• Produce design deliverables that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion.
• Creates interactive simulations/prototypes to help project teams, stakeholders, and users explore and understand proposed solutions.
• Analyzes and evaluates current user interfaces and proposes usability improvements.
• Uses a variety of iterative design methods to drive thoughtful design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, and interactive simulations/prototypes.
• Solves complex design problems through a user-centered design (UCD) process that accounts for user goals, business requirements and development needs.
• UX support for projects in progress. This may include design layouts, user flows, analytics, testing, etc.
• Work with user experience research team on the problem discovery in common experience domain.
• Projected to graduate in 2024.
• We're looking for a collaborative intern who is excited to work closely with a global team of designers and researchers. You should have some experience with UX design.
• Have project experience, work experience, or academic course work in two or more of the following areas: Information architecture, wireframing, storyboarding, data visualization, prototyping, surveying, user research, personas, user testing.
• A positive and resilient personality. You will need to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
• Analytical and strategic mindset.
• Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales.
• Meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for visual hierarchy.
• Positive attitude with a desire to grow within a collaborative, inspiring teamwork environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk5znq-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.