Summer 2021 Intern - Software Engineering
San Mateo, CA
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Software Engineer in Test Intern
San Mateo, CA
As a Software Engineer in Test Intern, you will learn PlayStation® technology hands-on: by developing tests, tools, and infrastructure to better analyze PlayStation® console software. Come join us and work closely with your team to improve the test infrastructure for PlayStation® SDK projects!
• Learn and understand testing methodologies and tools for PlayStation® SDK development.
• Design and develop test cases for PlayStation® SDK libraries using C++ and Python. For candidates with an interest in computer graphics, this may include testing modern shader technology.
• Building and improving test infrastructure, simplifying deployment of building, testing, or demonstrating PlayStation® sample applications. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
• Develop, maintain, and improve the testing tools and frameworks used for ensuring high quality PlayStation® SDK components.
• Research new tools for building and analyzing PlayStation® software.
Tools and Technology used and learned in this internship include
• Visual Studio
• Continuous integration and containerization tools such as Jenkins and Docker.
• For those with graphics interest: PlayStation® graphics libraries and technology.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
• Proficient in C++ programming.
• Experienced in Python programming. Should have been used in at least one academic project.
• Experience building and running software in both Windows and Linux environments.
Nice to Have skills - having one or more of these skills will help get you started with intern projects at SIE but are by no means required. (This internship will be a learning experience!)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
• Writing unit and integration tests. Knowledge of fuzz testing is a plus.
• Exposure to continuous integration systems.
• Interest in computer graphics is a plus.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.