Intern - AI
San Mateo, CA
This internship is for Summer 2022.
Software Development Engineer in Test Intern
San Mateo, CA
As a Software Development Engineering in Test intern you will learn and utilize PlayStation technologies to work on developer tools, automated tests, test frameworks and infrastructure used to verify and validate the PlayStation® SDK components and features related to Audio & Video.
You will partner with developers and senior QA engineers to understand software in development and own the design and implementation of test cases and frameworks to expand testing coverage and improve efficiency.
• Learn and understand testing methodologies and tools for PlayStation® SDK development.
• Design and implement software for testing PlayStation® SDK using C++/Python.
• Collect, visualize, and report on performance data and operational statistics to improve the efficiency of our tools and processes.
• Research innovative solutions to technical challenges in Quality Assurance and applicable Audio & Video technologies for PlayStation.
• Proficient in C++ and Python programming.
• Experience writing software in both Windows and Linux systems.
• Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels.
• Pursuing or possessing a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related field.
Bonus Qualifications (Nice-to-have skills):
• Research or relevant coursework in Digital Signal Processing (Audio/Image/Video).
• Data analysis and relational database experience.
• Knowledge of collaborative software engineering best practice including usage of Source Control Management systems, Continuous Integration/Deployment frameworks.
• AGILE/Scrum training.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezby8-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.