Summer 2021 Intern - AI
San Mateo, CA
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Games User Research Intern
San Mateo, CA
As the Games User Research Intern you will support the User Experience Research team, game producers and game developers to conduct user research for PlayStation Studio titles. For 2021, this internship will be fully remote. Primarily this will entail the following:
• Support senior user experience researchers to prepare and conduct research activities, and to perform analysis of resulting data
• Work closely with cross-functional product teams to identify research topics, capture partner requirements, and communicate meaningful results
• Contribute towards experimental design employing a variety of unique and creative methods
• Support execution of remote user research projects focusing on comprehension, usability and accessibility.
• Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and innovative ways, understandable by a diverse audience
This opportunity would suit someone with a usability or human factors research background. The ideal candidate will have an MSc in an analytic field that focuses on people and/or product development You should be familiar with common user research tools and approaches including personas, heuristic evaluation, task analysis, fieldwork and ethnography, user testing, quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis.
• Pursuing a Master's or Graduate Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, HCI, Human Factors Engineering (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date.
• 1-3 years practical experience developing study designs, testing, analyzing and reporting
• A deep passion and interest in video games across a wide variety of genres is required.
• Must have a strong dedication to quality, be self-organized, analytical, methodical and have an interest in improving quality through the user research
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and able to present information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization is critical to success
• Excellent analytical skills, especially in observing user behavior and identifying key problems which need to be addressed will be particularly important for the 2021 projects
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.