Intern - Entertainment
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionPOSITION OVERVIEW:
The Phillies Entertainment department are offering a postgraduate internship that runs from January through the completion of the 2022 baseball season. This position will primarily assist the Entertainment department with departmental responsibilities both game-related and non-game-related. This position is physical in nature with time requirements on nights, weekends and holidays.
• Assist in executing game-day pre-game ceremonies by:
• Participate in on-field set-up for presentations, first pitches, choirs, bands, etc.
• Support in building scripts/timing for on-field elements
• Help in executing game-day in-game promotions by:
• Participating in execution of lucky rows, Phanatic in-game skits/dances, etc.
• Communicate and set up on-site logistics associated with color guards, anthem performers, dance teams, etc. including but not limited to ticketing, parking, etc.
• Handle departmental correspondence including but not limited to:
• Photo & video distribution to pre-game & in-game participants
• Manage correspondence for performance requests (choirs, bands, dance teams, etc.)
• Contribute creative ideas for different executions of in-game elements
• Assist with planning and execution of entertainment for theme nights and promotional events
• Foster working relationship with other departments where responsibilities intersect including:
• Video services department
• Sponsorship sales department
• Group sales department
• Ballpark security department
• Other duties as assigned
• Commitment to work from January through 2022 MLB Championship season; end date to be mutually agreed upon
• Work schedule driven by but not limited to Phillies home schedule
• Off-season/non-game-day hours consistent with 40-hour week; in-season hours will expand contingent upon Phillies home schedule
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with others as well as independently
• Professional demeanor expected at all times
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes in schedule or tasks
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience in customer service
• Must be 18 years of age and have reliable transportation
• Preferred candidate will have marketing and/or event planning experience at a college level
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; experience with game scripting software a plus
• Ability to interact and work with children effectively – Employment is dependent upon completion and clearance of child abuse clearance, FBI Fingerprinting and a background check
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods lasting up to 8 hours per shift.
• Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ronwp1-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.