Intern - Marketing
Product Management, PBS KIDS Internship (Hybrid)
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Department: Product and Technology
Supervisor Title: Director, Product Management
Time Commitment: 35-40 hours/week, June 2023 – August 2023
Compensation: $15/hour for undergraduate students, $17/hour for graduate students
The Product & Technology team is responsible for product management and technical development & operations of PBS KIDS-owned platforms including pbskids.org web services, PBS KIDS Games app, and PBS KIDS for Parents.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Intern will conduct research and competitive scans on topics including (but not limited to) rewards, engagement, avatars, profiles, content curation and sorting to assist with PBS KIDS Games App redesign decisions. Intern will also work with product and engineering to ensure successful delivery of products and solutions on schedule, while simultaneously working with creative and content teams to brainstorm on upcoming deliverables and projects.
Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge and insight into the PBS KIDS games distribution process by working on Content Management System scheduling and app store submissions.
Requirements for success:
• Resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs (specifically Excel, Sheets, Slides). A willingness to learn new systems as needed.
• Attention to detail; Have ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize multiple assignments at the same time.
• Receiving or expressing interest in a bachelor's or master's degree with a focus in media, educational technology, communications, marketing, journalism, computer science business, education, or related field.
• Interested in the children's media industry and willingness to learn about and share trends in games and/or educational products.
Skills the Intern may gain:
• A strong understanding of where digital educational gaming platforms (mobile and tablet) converges in today's multiplatform media and entertainment landscape.
• Strong product management skills refined by brainstorming, managing a product delivery timeline, and executing PBS KIDS Games App deliverables!
• Strong organizational skills by curating content based on premieres, timeliness, educational, and popular themes.
• An understanding of how non-profit media organizations work and how PBS strengthens communities through national-local partnerships.
• Working with a super fun and passionate team!
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzmwo-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $15.00 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.