Intern - Analyst / Data Science & Solutions
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Oklahoma City Thunder is an elite performance organization and a leading franchise in the NBA. Beyond any single game, season, or outcome, we're driven to shape the future of our industry, our community, and our own legacy in sports. We're looking for people who want to make an impact – individuals with the courage and ambition to think and work differently and an endless desire to initiate progress. At the Thunder, you're joining a culture that performs at the highest level and empowers you to realize your greatest potential.
As an Analyst Intern in Data Science & Solutions, your work is vital to uncovering valuable insights that help shape the organization's future - influencing strategy, decision-making, and performance to build the optimal conditions for talent to thrive.
You will work on every aspect of the data pipeline from building and maintaining information systems to research, analysis, and presentation. You will use data to impact significant decisions made at the organization.
• Work with diverse, large, and sophisticated datasets to solve dynamic problems
• Perform statistical analysis and predictive modeling
• Communicate and present findings
• Develop impactful reports, presentations, and ongoing results
• Collaborate on new research opportunities across various functions
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
• Preferably enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics, or data science field
• Some experience with technical tools for analysis such as R (with Tidyverse, etc.), SQL, etc.
• Some experience in areas such as database systems, data wrangling and data visualization
• Experience working with and protecting confidential information
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver clear and effective messages to a variety of partners
• Passion for basketball and sports are key
Employees may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. This is a paid internship reporting into the Insight & Foresight pillar. Work schedule may include working on short notice as well as work on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Work hours will total no more than 29 hours per week.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience, and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92kz9-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.