Intern - TV Station
San Francisco, CA
Internships are available for qualified students studying broadcast journalism, video production, and other communication degrees. Several departments may choose to accept interns, including but not necessarily limited to: News, Sport and Technical.
The KRON internship program provides college students interested in journalism and communications, as well as sales and marketing, a unique opportunity. The hands-on experience allows students to get an in-depth look into the field of broadcast and digital media from an array of perspectives and challenges students to use their knowledge in an applied industry setting.
All positions are for college credit only, 16 hours per week, and usually last 8 to 12 weeks.
Criteria for acceptance:
• Interns must be full-time students enrolled at a college or university, either in or entering into their junior or senior year. Interns must receive academic credit for their internship assignment.
• Internships are paid and all interns must provide a letter from their academic advisor certifying they are a junior or senior and will be receiving academic credit for participation in and the completion of their internship. Your application will not be considered without this documentation.
• Interns need to set up an hourly schedule in advance with their supervisor that will sufficiently meet their school's required credit hours.
• Interns are to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in the internship descriptions and other tasks as assigned by their supervisors.
Internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
• Sports Interns
Apply online by clicking the Blue ''Apply'' Button
Please include in your application a one-page cover letter describing your interest, expected benefits, the type of internship/position/department you seek, the semester you're applying for, and the length of time you would like for your internship.
Along with your cover letter and resume, to be considered for the internship you must be able to provide documentation from your academic adviser that if selected, you will receive academic credit for completion of your internship.
The Student shall:
• Abide by all safety rules and procedures of Company.
• Exert best efforts in receiving training and cooperate with and follow the instructions of employees of Company
• Maintain strictly the confidences of Company, the customers of Company, all information or data received regarding Company and any of its trade secrets or any other confidential business information received by the Student
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79vwp-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.