Intern - Regular Season, Media Relations
New York Yankees
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDEPARTMENT: Communications & Media Relations
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communications and Media Relations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
• Compile and distribute news clippings pertaining to the Yankees, Yankee Stadium and baseball from all New York metropolitan area newspapers, magazines and websites
• Proof game notes and produce scorecards, statpacks, rosters and other department materials.
• Compile the organization's daily minor league report
• Amicably respond to requests from fans and members of the media involving questions about Yankees' history, statistical information, or other general matters that need attention
• Assist with editing and proofreading of major department publications, including the annual Media Guide and postseason Media Guide
• Assist with non-baseball events held inside and out of Yankee Stadium, such as college football, concerts and community events
• Some administrative duties, such as answering telephones, filing, making copies, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to work up to 30 hours per week (spanning 3 or 4 days each week) through at least the end of the baseball season, including postseason (if applicable). This is not a summer-only internship. Please also note that clips responsibilities described above typically require 2-3 early start times (5:30am or 6:00am) each week, including weekends
• College graduate is preferred. Internship is strictly paid and is NOT available for school credit
• Prior experience working at a professional sports organization or a college sports information department strongly preferred
• Experience with writing/proofing game notes and other stat-oriented information
• General baseball knowledge, including ability to keep score and understand statistical information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Experience using Adobe InDesign strongly preferred
• Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination and booster as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g654w0-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.