Fall Intern - Late Night, Snl & Tonight Show
Remote / Virtual
SNY Operations Interns will have an opportunity to work in one or more of our locations; the office, our studio and remote events. While some interns are assigned to a main focus, all interns are rotated through each area at least once to see all aspects of the dept. This also allows them to focus on specific areas of interest that they have developed or develop while doing their internships. All SNY Operations Interns are requested to fill out a schedule and education plan which ensures that they are exposed to as many aspects as possible of the network. Interns will assist in a wide range of the station's operations and the responsibilities will include:
• Distributing and updating production documents, schedules, misc. paperwork
• Running errands to pick up supplies and materials for remotes
• Observing in the studio control room and in the studio setting to how the network produces live on air programming in conjunction with live news remotes
• Observing and meeting with other depts. by appt. (newsroom, programming, accounting, marketing, sales, traffic, etc.)
• Research locations, teams, towns for operations tactical planning
• Interface with all areas and levels of internal and external contacts, sr. management, talent and others in a professional manner
• Library Data Entry for our SNY Library System including taping, screening, organizing games/inventory of tapes for Mets Games
• Assist in planning and organization of annual crew BBQ
Operations remote (such as Mets, UConn basketball):
• Light general office work, answering phones, faxing, running errands for the production staff, etc.
• Providing truck with Media/PR updates and team notes, line ups etc.
• Assisting roving reporter when necessary to help ease movement around stadium
• Observing in the truck and out in the field with roving reporter to see how the network produces live sports game coverage
• Fall interns get a chance to visit the Jets production team one week to observe how a game week is covered in from post Sunday game coverage thru to the Thursday night Jets programming
• Interns, who must have completed their sophomore year in college, will be paid and may receive college credit if needed.
• The minimum GPA requirement for our internship program is a 3.0.
• Interns generally work approximately 20 hours per week, and may include nights and weekends.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z87q-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.