Intern - Paris Olympics Hospitality Guide
This Is Your Golden Opportunity
NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation, is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Our internship opportunities give students real world experience while learning what a career at NBCUniversal might hold in store. With the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad set to take place in Paris, France, July 26-August 11, 2024, this is your chance to join our winning team at one of the most monumental moments in sports.
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms including NBC, USA Network, & Golf Channel, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, Big10, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
Paris 2024 Olympics Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 6, 2023, at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: Assignments will last approximately 4 weeks from July 17, 2024 – August 13, 2024.
• Time Commitment: Anticipate at least 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Olympics is looking for highly motivated individuals to assist with the on-site logistics for our client hospitality program at the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, France. Hospitality Guides will serve as the ''face'' of NBC as they will interact daily with NBC and Comcast executives, as well as top advertising clients and our partners. NBC will entertain approximately 1,200 guests throughout the Games period. Our goal is to ensure that the guests have a wonderful time in Paris and a truly unforgettable Olympic experience.
The position will require a team player who is efficient, organized, well-groomed, and outgoing. Someone willing to give 100% to ensure the program runs smoothly. Candidates must have a great attitude along with a strong work ethic. Interns must speak fluent English, should have a passion for sports and the Olympic Games, be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people, and be willing to work extremely long hours. Many of the duties will also include physical activity.
This will be a paid internship. Travel and accommodations are subject to credentialing approval for all Hospitality Guide interns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Airport meet and greets.
• Baggage handling including lifting, pushing, or pulling various items.
• Transportation assistance.
• Bus escorts to/from Olympic events.
• Bus escorts to/from offered activities.
• Directional support.
• Guest services.
• Event set-up.
• Merchandise fulfilment.
• Coordination of activity schedules/sign-ups.
• Administrative support.
• In pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor's degree at an Accredited Institution and able to provide documentation to confirm degree progress.
• Must be enrolled in college at the time of the internship with current class standing of Sophomore or above (students who graduate prior to July 2024 will not be eligible for the program).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be able to work on-site in Paris, France.
• Must be willing to work assigned hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more with or without accommodations.
• Preferred major – Hospitality; however, all majors welcome.
• Knowledge/interest in Olympic Sports.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership.
• Proficiency in French; not required but strongly preferred.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2eny5-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.