Summer Intern - Programming- Bay Area
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
NBC Sports Bay Area, the broadcast home of the Golden State Warriors, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's, San Jose Sharks, Sacramento Kings, and San Jose Earthquakes, is looking for a Program Intern to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning our schedule, analyzing our viewership, and carrying out important operational duties. We are excited about the work we do, and we are looking for a Program Intern who is just as excited!
To succeed as our program intern, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. If you also are a self-starter who can juggle wide-ranging responsibilities and can proactively find ways to improve the company, we'd like to meet you.
The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of content according to the organization's standards.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
• Tabulate, maintain, and analyze content performance metrics
• Assist with cross-department communication regarding initiatives and analysis
• Help organize and execute the delivery to audiences of over 500 live events per year
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Able to work effectively under deadlines and extreme pressure
• Able to interface maturely with all levels of company management, and able to participate in execution of strategic division and departmental initiatives
• Excellent organizational skills. Able to maintain departmental operational standards
• Excellent written, verbal, and proofreading skills
• Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of various MS systems, e.g., Windows Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude, multi-task abilities a must
• Bay Area Sports knowledge a plus
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week. Our in-office days are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
Compensation: The hourly rate for this internship is $16.99/hr.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78396-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $16.99 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)