Spring Virtual Intern - Group
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Spring 2023 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• Revenue Planning – The Business Operations team within the overall Revenue department is responsible for posting and maintaining all revenue generating inventory for the Golf business and many other projects for SportsEngine. An intern would play an integral part in ensuring the health of revenue generating inventory remains strong, critical documentation is up to date, and progress to overall Revenue departmental goals is maintained.
• Marketing Strategy – The NBC Sports Marketing Strategy team synthesizes viewership data, industry insights, and emerging trends in fandom and consumer behavior to develop comprehensive marketing and brand strategies supporting NBCUniversal's portfolio of sports properties, including Sunday Night Football, the Olympics, Premier League, PGA TOUR, NASCAR, and many more.
• NBCSports.com News Desk – this intern will play an important role on our team primarily publishing video across various platforms (NBCSports.com, YouTube, NBC Sports app, GolfChannel.com, Peacock, etc.) and updating NBCSports.com with fresh video/written content regularly. This team is responsible for coordinating with the video team, blog writers, and social team for ensuring all video/written content is delivered in a timely and accurate manner, with a focus on SEO and engaging titles.
• Olympic Operations – Under the direction of the SVP, Olympic Operations, the Olympic Operations team is comprised of subgroups of Features Production Management, Games Event Management, and Production Operations. Collaborating with Olympics partners in Engineering and Production, this group is exposed to all facets of organizing and executing NBC's broadcast of the Olympic Games, in the Host City as well as in Stamford.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• For Marketing Strategy: Academic Background in Marketing, Consumer Psychology, Data & Analytics, Research, Consumer Insights, or other relevant Business track with Keynote experience is preferred.
• For NBCSports.com News Desk: Strong understanding of AP Style and solid writing skills a must. Familiarity with Content Management Systems a plus. Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, MPX, YouTube, Adobe Photoshop, and Urban Airship a plus.
• For Revenue Planning: Business background (Finance / Accounting preferred).
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5008e-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.