Spring 2023 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• Creative Partnerships – As part of NBC Sports Group Sales, the Golf Partnership Initiatives team manages all advertiser sponsorship integrations across golf programming on NBC and Golf Channel, including product integration, custom features, branding, etc. The internship position will provide a unique opportunity to experience television, digital and social media sales, integration and production first-hand.
• NBC Sports Digital – NBC Sports Group is seeking a student intern to join its team in the Digital Video Production department located in Stamford, Connecticut. As a team player, you will join an immensely collaborative environment with the opportunity to work on high quality sports television projects. The ideal candidate thrives on developing new skills and has an interest or experience in working in sports television production.
Fantasy, Betting & Gaming:
• NBC Sports Edge – NBC Sports EDGE is an industry leader and award winner in the world of fantasy sports, seeing millions of annual visits, views and impressions across its website, video content and social media. Interns will have the opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience in several aspects of the behind-the-scenes workings of the site's digital production, from site to social and more.
• Golf – Live Tournaments – This intern will assist with remote tournament production needs and requests while helping to maintain video tape library/digitizing footage at the Stamford site.
• NBC Sports Programming – The GOLF Programming Intern provides support to all divisions within the programming department. Responsibilities range from information gathering and organization to data entry to show screening. The GOLF Programming Intern assists in the following areas: program information, program scheduling, program operations and international relations.
• NBC Sports Group Production – this intern will join an immensely collaborative environment with the opportunity to work on high quality sports television projects. The ideal candidate thrives on developing new skills and has an interest or experience in working in Golf sports television production.
• Consumer Engagement – This intern will be situated within the NBC Sports Gaming team helping to manage various marketing calendar Smartsheets, updating metrics for email & PointsBet, as well as assisting with a variety of long-term projects for NFL,Golf, Olympics & more.
• Sports Strategic Marketing – This intern will work with several internal teams, including Programming, Production, Sales, Digital, Social, Email to build a strong cross-platform marketing campaign.
• Social Media Strategic Marketing – Social media interns at NBC Sports will get the unique opportunity to observe and participate in how our company engages and interacts with audiences of all ages. They will play a key role in the planning execution of social campaigns across a number of sports, brands and key company priorities.
• Digital Olympic Production – This intern will work to produce video content for Olympic sports, both during the Games and between them, and publish that content to NBC's digital platforms.
• Features Production – The award-winning NBC Sports Features unit produces best-in-class content for the Olympic Games and all NBC Sports Group properties. The team crafts compelling sports stories through athlete features, documentaries, show opens, branded content, promos, and a variety of other creative mediums.
• Olympic Profiles (Sports Creative) – This intern will work to implement graphic and animated elements for The NBC Sports Group including Network graphics, show packages, event insert graphics and titles.
• Olympic Research – This intern will work on putting in results for previous world championships and Olympics for all Olympic sports to help us stay on track in manual work, transcribing interviews, writing recaps and keeping us posted on other projects of interest.
• Technical Logistics – This intern will interact with internal customers at our facilities support window facilitating their support needs with a high level of service and support. This includes production support requests, shipping, shipment tracking, supply distribution, asset management support and other facility support needs.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• For Consumer Engagement: must have a working knowledge of HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Excel.
• For Golf – Live Tournaments: Familiarity with PGA Tour and LPGA Tour strongly preferred.
• For Olympic Profiles (Sports Creative) : Knowledge of Adobe PS & AI, After Effects and Cinema 4D, including modelling texturing and animating.
• For Strategic Marketing: must be willing to work on weekends (within hours) if needed
• For Marketing Strategy: Academic Background in Marketing, Consumer Psychology, Data & Analytics, Research, Consumer Insights, or other relevant Business track with Keynote experience is preferred.
• Must submit an attest
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjnnee-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.