The Human Resources Internship offers a challenging learning environment to explore NBC Sports Bay Area/CA in a paid assignment with meaningful HR related projects. This is a unique opportunity to receive experience that requires professionalism, attention to detail, multi-tasking, as well as tactical responsibilities that expose the intern first-hand to the experiences of a Human Resources professional at NBC Sports Bay Area/CA.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
• Process SAP transactions for employee lifecycle data changes including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, leave of absences, and more.
• Partner with the Covid-19 HR team and various corporate entities to ensure the return-to-work process follows current guidelines.
• Serve as primary user for all HR systems and run reports, as assigned.
• First point of contact for HR questions including, but not limited to, benefits, payroll, and vacation. Follow through to ensure employees receive prompt answers to their questions. Demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to post open jobs via nbcunicareers.com. Maintain database of job descriptions for client group.
• Draft and prepare correspondence such as offer letters, separation agreements & termination packets, with direction from senior HR members.
• Partner with hiring managers to ensure new employees are set up to succeed starting on their first day.
• Schedule exit interviews and assist with administration of separating employees.
• Ad hoc projects, as assigned.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities.
• ''Customer service'' minded professional.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Exceptional follow-through, communication, and attention to detail.
• Strong interest in a career in Human Resources and the media industry.
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred.
• Pursuing a degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred.
• Experience with SAP preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp02px-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.