Intern - Golfnow
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Academic Year Internship Program:
• Applications Close: June 9, 2023, at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: September 18, 2023 – April 19, 2024
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
NBC Sports Next
NBC Sports Next is a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media. NBC Sports Next is fueled by its mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology to provide the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
GolfNow & GolfPass:
• GolfPass Direct-to-Consumer Services – Direct-to-Consumer is a key priority for GOLF with fast moving and aggressive growth goals. This role must operate with a startup and entrepreneurial mentality, a quick learner, that works in a deep partnership with stakeholders across the business.
• GolfNow Plus– the Plus Team interacts with almost every division across NBC Sports Digital. Intern responsibilities include auditing and providing ongoing feedback for our current product offerings, as well as working with the following disciplines: support, activation, website design/development, brand agency, revenue consultation, and project management.
• GolfNow Sales – this intern will have exposure to all levels of the GolfNow Sales organization and will collaborate internally with other teams such as Sales Operations, Activations, Plus Business Services and more.
• GolfNow Sales Operations – interns in this role will support the Sales team and other departments to create and streamline operational processes to help sell, implement and support our products & services. A major function of the team is to manage Salesforce CRM for the organization, which is used for managing accounts, cases, orders, and sales opportunities. Interns in this role will assist with various clean-up and audit projects involving Salesforce and Excel and be communicating with department managers.
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• For GolfNow Sales and Sales Operations: Basic knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $17.00.
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $18.00.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1n2m-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $17.00 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)