Intern - Authentics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist with Communications/Publications/Photography/Player Relations duties.
• Responsible for pulling game statistics and distributing game-day information to media members covering the event.
• Assist in writing daily game notes, minor league reports, postgame notes and answering phones.
• Prepare daily credential requests and update database as needed.
• Collect information for club publications.
• Write feature stories for publications as well magazine distribution throughout the ballpark on game days.
• Assist in processing and cataloging all business and action related photography for the club.
• Maintain and monitor all press box needs.
Required Experience and Education:
• Working towards or have a bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Sports Management, Sports Information or a related field from a four-year college or university and/or experience in a Sports Information department. As well as familiarity with Major League Baseball.
• Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge, etc.) and Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill, organization and multitasking skills.
• Requires the ability to work long hours, weekends (especially during homestands).
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Time Commitment: January 2023 - November 2023
Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
All applicants for employment with the Minnesota Twins are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of fully-vaccinated status prior to their first day of employment. If you have any questions regarding this requirement, your vaccination status or reasonable accommodation requests, please contact HR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzj6n7-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.