Summary The Intern - Spring Training Partnership Operations will work closely with the Director - Spring Training Business Operations and Community Engagement on day-to-day partnership operations at the Milwaukee Brewers Spring Training complex in Phoenix, AZ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with ticketed group contracts and set up on game days
• Assist with sponsorship sales and activations for current and new business
• Oversee and assist with social media plan and postings following all rules set by MLB and MBBC
• Assist with creating marketing materials including program ads, game program edits, pocket schedule, scoreboard graphics and social graphics, among others
• Assists with the development of in-game presentations, scripts, and graphics
• Provide fans and guests with courtesy and respect and assist them throughout games and events to ensure their visit is safe, clean, fun, and family-friendly
• Lead Game Day promotions ensuring that team is adhering to daily program assignment. This will include oversight on all in-game promotions, such as Sausage Races, program sales, customer service, ticketing, scoreboard operators and other tasks as assigned
• Assist with theme days or events during games or outside normal business hours
• Assist in scheduling and attendance tracking of event staff (ticket takers, game day staff)
• Assist and lead pregame meetings to assign roles to peers as needed
• Assist with set-up for community events, special events, concourse activations, group events, and tailgate coordination
• Assist with coordination of promotional distributions
• Assist with tracking employee progress and distributing rewards based on the employee recognition program
• Conduct pre-game checklists of ballpark by ensuring all required equipment is in the appropriate locations
Qualifications in order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience in customer service is preferred, but not required.
• A friendly, courteous and tactful demeanor.
• Problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
• Punctual and reliable attendance, ability to work all home games
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
• Experience with Tickets.com preferred but not required
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking preferred
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Maximum of 30 hours per week during spring training home games and non-home games as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx5b0o-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.