Summary The Intern - Spring Training Day of Game will be at the Phoenix facility home for the Milwaukee Brewers Spring Training games. This individual will work closely with the Director - Spring Training Business Operations and Community Engagement on day-to-day business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with Group Ticket Sales and ticket donations
• Assist with sponsorship activations and capture of activations
• Assists with the development of in-game presentations, scripts, and graphics
• Assist Box office managers with duties as assigned
• Assist in the setup of Spring both in office and around the complex
• Assist with game day activities as follows:
• Provide our fans and guests with courtesy and respect and assist them throughout the game to ensure their visit is safe, clean, fun, and family-friendly
• Lead Game Day promotions ensuring that team is sticking to the daily program assignment
• Game Day staff duties will include all in-game promotions, such as Sausage Races, program sales, customer service, ticketing, scoreboard operators and other task as assigned
• Maintains current knowledge of account functions, discount codes, price types,in order to assist customer service in relocates and advanced sales of tickets
• Assist with theme days or events during games or outside normal business hours
• Assist with scoreboard operations, line score, and music as needed.
• Assist with leading pregame meetings and assign roles to peers as needed.
Qualifications in order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience in customer service is preferred, but not required.
• A friendly, courteous, and tactful demeanor.
• A professional appearance and demeanor, dress code policy applies
• Problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
• Punctual and reliable attendance, ability to work all home games
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
• Experience with Tickets.com preferred but not required
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Maximum of 30 hours per week during spring training home games and non-home games as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwjzjk-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.