Intern - Minor League Strength & Conditioning
Intern - IT, Spring Training Facility (AZ)
Summary The Intern - IT will work closely with the Senior IT Support Analyst to assist in various areas of technical operations for the Brewer's complex in Phoenix, AZ. The ideal candidate will be able to work up to 30 hours per week depending on department workload and class schedule. During Spring Training, the ideal candidate will be able to work weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Field and log all basic trouble tickets and service requests through ticketing portal
• Troubleshoot and research solutions for known device issues
• Assist deploying and implementing special projects
• Reference and prepare documentation related to policies and procedures
• Organize and maintain IT assets and inventory
• Assist with support and repair of desktop and laptop computers, printers, telephones, and mobile devices
• Provide phone, in-person, and email support to onsite and remote users
• Assist with configuring and distributing new desktop and laptop computers
• Assist with enterprise software access, troubleshooting, and training
• Assist with in-stadium networking and cabling
• Assist with point-of-sale set-up, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Assist with camera, audio/visual, and scoreboard-related technology
• Assist with IPTV system setup, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Assist with Ticketing system setup, configuration, and troubleshooting
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Desire to work with people in a demanding yet highly rewarding industry
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Familiarity with networking, computers, and mobile devices
• Knowledge or experience with computer programming and scripting
• Experience with desktop applications especially Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 and Apple OS
• Detail oriented, organized, and thorough to provide best-in-class service
• Structured approach to problem solving and ability to document common processes and procedures
• Committed to providing high quality customer service and support to all users
Education and/or Experience
Student within three or four semesters of completing an accredited college degree in computer science or information technology or related;
or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish would be a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays. Additional hours may also be required as part of an on-call rotation to cover some weekends, evenings, and holidays throughout the year. Hours vary according to the game and event schedule during Spring Training.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv3p3w-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.