Sony Pictures Imageworks
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
16 weeks, paid internship, commencing Spring/Summer 2021.
Production Engineering in ILM Vancouver is responsible for creating and supporting software used by other developers and artists within the company. This spans infrastructure such as our media creation pipeline, software building, deployment and monitoring, as well as artist-facing tooling in digital content creation software such as Maya, Nuke, and Katana.
This internship will give you a chance to get familiar with a professional engineering environment, mentorship from leaders in this industry, and a hand in the development of a project during your internship. This is a great opportunity to develop professional interpersonal skills, as well as practical experience in this field.
• Develop tools and/or services for the Production Engineering team.
• Contribute to daily operational tasks, including support, general troubleshooting and bug fixes.
• Participate in the development of a project within the Production Engineering team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, pro-active attitude.
• Proven development experience on a completed team or solo project.
• Proven knowledge and experience with Linux.
• Python programming and experience developing distributed systems.
• Familiarity with film and video postproduction and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
• Knowledge of digital content creation software, e.g. Maya, Houdini.
• Working knowledge of one or more Python-based web frameworks; Django, Flask, etc.
• Working knowledge of various data store technologies, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or redis.
Pursuing a degree in, or recent graduate (within 1 year) of Computer Science, or technology related field.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.