Fall Intern - Production
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWe Are…
Longhorn Network (LHN) launched August 2011. LHN, a partnership between ESPN and The University of Texas, broadcasts 175 athletic events a year, plus original studio shows, analysis and academic content.
A Day in the Life:
• Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events; organizes head shot and melt reels
• Cuts show elements such as video B-Roll, bumps and highlights
• Selects footage for teases and roll-outs
• Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
• Support social media by screening games, clipping plays and taking photos at home games (if in-person)
What You Bring to the Role:
• Advanced knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events with an emphasis on college athletics
• High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
• Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Historical knowledge of UT sports
• Experience with editing, screening and/or logging video
• Candidate must be in good academic standing with the college or university if still enrolled
• Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism or related majors
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 18 months
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be available to work during all University of Texas football games
The approximate dates are August 23 – December 04, 2021. Interns will work 25-29 hours per week and will need to provide availability on nights and weekends.
It is still being determined whether this will be an in-person or remote internship. If in-person, interns are responsible for providing their own housing and transportation. If remote, this internship will require a reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
Compensation: This is a paid internship, and you may also receive school credit.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o2w-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.