Intern - Accounting
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionLive Nation is hiring 4 Accounting Interns (based in Vancouver or Toronto) for the May - August 2022 term.
Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Accounting intern will work with the operations accounting team to support accurate and timely show accounting. This includes generation of payments, preparation of accounting entries, creation and distribution of reports, and reconciliation work.
This position is responsible for all accounting functions related to shows including but not limited to:
• Entering show settlements into accounting systems and distributing reports
• Acting as a point of contact for show accounting, and liaising with production staff
• Reviewing all show settlements to verify proper documentation has been received
• Creating project listings for upcoming shows and events
• Coding and circulating invoices and cheques for Accounts Payable input
• Preparing artist settlement wires based on contract; remit payment to artist ensuring appropriate withholding taxes and deductions are recognized.
• Preparing and uploading journal entries
• Assembling documentation for festival and artist payments
• Preparing bank deposits
• Generating system reports
• Ad hoc projects as assigned by management
• 2+ years of post-secondary education
• Effective organizational and time management abilities
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
• Proficient PC skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbez9e-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.