Business Strategy & Analytics Spring 2024 Intern
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Supervisor: Analyst, Business Strategy
As a part of the Business Strategy & Analytics Team, the intern will be responsible for coordinating market research efforts, collecting data, performing data analysis, and developing output of the results. The Intern will contribute to high visibility projects for the organization, which will have a direct impact on the top and bottom line.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is In-Person and will require that the internship be completed physically in the Houston Astros offices .
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these tasks.
• Handle the logistics for online surveys
• Use online software to program market research surveys
• Manage market research survey responses and compile data for analysis
• Collect and compile data for analysis from various sources
• Perform data analysis on market research, ticketing, and secondary data sources
• Perform online research utilizing public and subscription services
• Contribute to ad-hoc business R&D projects
• Assist other departments as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Education or Experience and/or Skills:
• Currently working towards (or recent graduate with) a bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field with record of strong academic achievement.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Highly analytical with a quantitative academic background.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and energetic office environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once.
• Critical attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Willingness to learn
• Passion for baseball
This job operates in an office, clerical setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use hands/fingers to utilize various electronic platforms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• 1 year(s): 1
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqej26-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.