FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL's America's Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news and media industry. Students are paid to gain real-world work experience with guidance from top media professionals. Students are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience, and career aspirations.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
• Strong academic record
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site for on-site opportunities
• Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, CA
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
• Must demonstrate knowledge of company and media industry
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Submit a link to your portfolio
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
• Share your top areas of interest
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SUMMER 2024 PROGRAM
• Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
SUMMER 2024 SCHEDULE
General Application Deadline: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Program Timeline: We will have two summer sessions. Interns will work one of the sessions listed below.
Summer Session 1: Monday, June 3, 2024 - Friday, July 26, 2024
Summer Session 2: Monday, June 17, 2024 - Friday, August 9, 2024
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32-40 hours per week
NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE
As a Graphic Design intern, you will learn the workflow for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content.
Successful students have:
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and some knowledge of After Effects
• Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography, and color theory
• Knowledge of current design trends in graphic design and typography
• Knowledge of the company, current events, and news/entertainment/sports/media industry
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of current events on a national scale
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
• A self-starter attitude and pro-active nature
• Comfortability in asking questions and following directions
• Strong attention to detail
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.50-17.50 per hour.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2zk7-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.