Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer I ntern to join them for 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Joining this team means you're motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other developers to make positive changes to the Unreal Engine. The heart of this role is C++ programming and debugging Epic's never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
• Improve and expand the feature set of existing Unreal Engine gameplay systems.
• Take ownership of the life development lifecycle of these changes from requirements gathering through to testing.
• Collaborate with programmers on your team and other Unreal Engine teams.
• Scope, plan and track your work against both team and project goals.
• Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing Unreal Engine gameplay systems.
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the engine's production and development.
• Write robust, maintainable code.
• Strong C++ knowledge
• Experience coding gameplay system features from start to finish
• Experience with the problems involved in making a client/server-based game
• Work/code samples from at least one project (indie, academic, hobby project, etc.)
• Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, bonus for understanding how gameplay blueprints work
• Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about existing games
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx00e-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.